3/8" Minus Blonde Pumice
All pricing is subject to change at any time. Smaller quantities can be bagged upon request.
$260.00 / yard
Benefits of adding pumice to your soil
- Pumice contains very few trace minerals, and does not break down. Instead of adding nutrients, pumice improves soil structure.
- Loosens heavy soil. It also keeps the soil from compacting, even when laden with water, thereby improving aeration.
- Improve drainage in any kind of soil, and prevents soil from becoming waterlogged even in heavy rains or excessive irrigation.
- Retains excess moisture within its porous structure. Pumice acts like a sponge, holding water until the plants need it. Then it releases that water steadily into the soil. Its unique structure can reduce your garden’s watering needs by up to 35%.
- Pumice is also useful as an attractive, long lasting, and beneficial mulch.
- An addition to your compost pile to mitigate odors and regulate moisture, and mixed in your worm bin’s bedding.
How to Use Pumice in the Soil
- Adding as little as 10% pumice to any garden soil mix is enough to see the benefits.
- For succulents, use up to half pumice in your potting soil.
- You can use it straight out of the bag, or you can saturate it with nutrients and beneficial microbes first, a process called activating or supercharging. To activate your pumice, simply soak it in a nutrient solution such as compost tea for at least 24 hours before mixing it into your garden soil.
Hours of Operation
Spring & Summer
(starting in March)
- Mon-Sat: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Sun: CLOSED
Fall & Winter
- Mon-Fri: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Sat: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Sun: CLOSED